Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an inexpensive way to protect the OEM fog lights from flying road hazards and pitting. Protect them with a 3M clear polyurethane protective tape that has been precision diecut to fit right over the OEM fog light lens.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Peel off the white release paper on the tape to expose the adhesive and spray the adhesive with water. Make sure your fingers are wet when handling the tape to prevent fingerprints on the adhesive.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Squeegee out the water with your thumb. Make sure you squeegee out all the wrinkles and air bubbles trapped between the tape and the lens. Dry off with a towel and you're done!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are interested in this solution, send me a PM or email for payment details. Price is $12 + $3.95 S/H

S

·
0 Posts
How much are you charging for these?

pilotpads said:
Here is an inexpensive way to protect the OEM fog lights from flying road hazards and pitting. Protect them with a 3M clear polyurethane protective tape that has been precision diecut to fit right over the OEM fog light lens.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a '96 SS Impala and had the upper portion of the hood with the 3M film.
Is there anything from 3M for the front of our RAV4's?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Sure is - I had my RAV's entire front end done, including the headlights and fog lights. Unlike the headlight lenses, the fog lights are glass.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
film

There is a guy on Ebay selling a film kit for $9.99 for RAV4. He says it is not 3M and not as thck. I am not recommending, just giving you all info.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I would be very wary of these people selling cheapo film kits on ebay. The real film that's going to do the job you want is fairly expensive. 3M is not the only (or even the best, in my experience) manufacturer of the genuine film, but watch out for fakes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts