Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have gotten up to 48 mpg on a highway trip to Orlando with the a/c on the entire way on my gas Limited. I usually get anywhere from 44 to 48 mpgs on the highway on it.

On my wife's XLE hybrid, I have gotten it to 57 mpg on the highway. Average is around 50 to 55 mpg on the highway.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE
320 Posts
The 5th gen engine gets amazing mileage, hybrid or no. Your non-hybrid is doing about as well as I do on average with my hybrid which should tell you just how good it is!!! Best MPG I ever got on my 4th gen across an entire tank is in my user icon... haven't topped that yet. I'm pretty sure I could hit 60mpg on a 5th gen hybrid if I had the chance, but ain't getting one of those in this market.

Enjoy saving gas!!!

Reactions: Camcamlu

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 2006 subaru gives me 'self calculated' mpg and it is never anywhere near the real mpg. I have gotten as high as 35mpg for various stretches according to the car. When I actually divide the miles I get between fill-ups by the gallons per fill up, I never get more than about 29. Usually Im around 25, which is part of why I am getting a new R4P.
Hopefully your RAV is more accurate than the on-board computer in my 17 year old Subaru but you'd be wise to check using the old fashioned manual method.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE
320 Posts
My RAV4's fuel economy estimator is off by 2.81% across just over 77,000 miles compared to the tried and true manual calculations I've done for the entire life of the vehicle in my possession. It works out to the FCD being optimistic by about 1 mpg, give or take. I think the Gen 5s are likely similar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts