Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just wanted to share, i just pulled my bros harbor freight trailer ( 1100 lbs capacity) pulls great.. trailer needs some love.. but will work for my needs. i will report back on how it does with it loaded up with yard waste ( old split rail fence covered in ivy)

also the rav seems to be doing great on the trail roads.. cant wait to see how it does this winter... ( i do hate the geolanders g91a suck.. so loud)

·
Super Moderator
11,507 Posts
Looks to me that you can make use of an insert that raises the height of the trailer a bit. I doubt you're near the 1500 lb capacity but I have no weigh (pun intended) of knowing that without weighing it under load. Your RAV doesn't appear to be low in the rear at all judging by the picture.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks to me that you can make use of an insert that raises the height of the trailer a bit. I doubt you're near the 1500 lb capacity but I have no weigh (pun intended) of knowing that without weighing it under load. Your RAV doesn't appear to be low in the rear at all judging by the picture.

in this picture the trailer just had some scrap wood in it no real weight. so the springs on the trailer were not compressed.. the hitch ball could be raised a inch or two to make it perfectly level.. but it did not seem to affect the way it towed.. i will only be making some dump runs and maybe home depot runs.. so should be good.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Looks to me that you can make use of an insert that raises the height of the trailer a bit. [...]
That was my first impression, too, but the trailer and RAV4 are not on level ground. I'm encouraged by his results. Will look into it.

·
Super Moderator
11,245 Posts
Very light load. You'll have no problems towing just leave extra room for stopping w/o trailer brakes.
And I'd raise the hitch some if it's easily done. Will save bottoming out on uneven ground or roads such as parking lot entrances.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts