Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried any of
these Pumpkin Android units in a RAV4?

I understand they're repackaged Chinese devices and generally come with little to no docs. I wouldn't have any problem with that aspect - but concerned more about the overall fit with my 2015 Rav.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still have a few question before I actually do this installation. Any help would be greatly appreciated:

- Steering Wheel Controls
Still unsure whether I 'need' a dedicated kit for this - and if I do, am I looking for something specific for my 2015 RAV, or specific to the head unit I'm using. The head unit can definitely use them, but unsure how I connect the two.

- Using OEM Backup Camera
Read in another post that I can potentially use the camera with my stereo, but need some sort of 12v-6v converter. Can anyone explain what i need to create?

- Using OEM Bluetooth Mic
From what I've read in other posts, the OEM mic requires a preamp, so not sure it will work with this unit. The unit comes with an external mic, so I may just use it instead of the OEM. Can anyone confirm the OEM mic/preamp issue?

Appreciate any help provided.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey, i noticed you posted in couple of other threads looking for help, so how did your install go and what is your review since.
how responsive is the system?do you tether wifi? is the unit stable with bluetooth calls? how is the quality of bluetooth calls, do you use google maps with it, how long does it take to load? how is the audio quality for music?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts