Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new 2015 RAV4 XLE. The dealer installed a Pursuit Security System. They said it is a factory compatible remotes with LED interior status indicator. There are something annoying me.

1. The LED indicator is bright blue. It continues flashing every 2 seconds once you lock the car. It is so obvious in the dark. When I tested driving the car, the battery was dead. I am wonder if the continuing flashing of LED indicator will affect the battery life.

2. Will the system interfere with the Toyota Warranty?

3. I don't know the model number of the security system and did not get a manual for the system. Should I have one since the car will be registered and maintained in a different state?

4. Is it possible to deactivate the system? Is it a good idea to remove the whole system or leave it?

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a factory flashing red light in my limited and it doesn't drain the battery. The LED shouldn't draw much juice. A dealer shouldn't install any accessory that voids the warranty. Yes, there should have been some paperwork with the system with instructions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I let the dealer uninstall it. They also gave me a very brochure. It will not worry me anymore. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts