Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new 2015 RAV4 XLE. The dealer installed a Pursuit Security System. They said it is a factory compatible remotes with LED interior status indicator. There are something annoying me.

1. The LED indicator is bright blue. It continues flashing every 2 seconds once you lock the car. It is so obvious in the dark. I think it gives the signal to the thieves that there is something you need to look at it, not to scare them away. Besides, the battery was dead when I tested drive the car. I am wonder if the continuing flashing of LED indicator will affect the battery life. Is it possible to deactivate the system? Is it a good idea to remove the whole system ?

2. Will the system interfere with the Toyota Warranty?

3. I don't know the model number of the security system and did not get a manual for the system. Should I at least have one since the car will be registered and maintained in a different state?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just bought a 2015 Rav4 with the same thing installed from dealer, (different name though). If yours is attached to the panel at your left left you can pull that panel off starting at the bottom right corner. There are 4 areas with soft inserts holding it in, just work it off by area. When you are in there follow the flat wire that the blue led is connected to. There should be a ziptied black cube (the brain). Remove that and it should disable it. If ya don't feel comfy doing that maybe just run back to the dealer and ask them to remove it. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to talk with the dealer. They removed it. I am not worry it any more. It looks like there is no regulation for this kind of product. Dealer installed them just for raising the price. It may only worth $50.Pursuit Alarm | eBay They asked much higher price. Thanks Strippedrav.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts