Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Push Button Start Add-On?

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  brandonlamb25 
#1 ·
My fiancé and I just got her a 2016 Rav4 XLE. The only option on it was the upgraded audio system. She previously had a Nissan Altima with push button start and loved it. She had hoped to get a Rav4 with the same feature but the one we bought was too good of a deal to pass up so we snagged it. $21,000 for it in the white color she wanted. Im just curious if it could be factory added. I'm assuming it would be a PITA to do. I know you'd have to buy the push button for the dash. New door handles for the touch lock and unlock. I assume another module or brain. I wonder if it's prewired already from the factory and just has the harnesses hanging and ready for connection. I know my 2008 Tacoma is prewired for a few features that mine didn't come with and the harnesses are there ready for connection. Now there a big difference in being prewired for say fog light versus a push button start buy I'm just curious 1.) is it possible? 2.) Has anyone researched or better yet done it? 3.) What kind of money should I be expecting? Thanks for your time. Hope it wasn't too long, first post on the Rav4 forum. Long time tacomaworld.com member. Thanks again!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.