Anodized Finish

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 HYBRID PREMIUM
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I've been designing/making these custom push to start button and we are not quite sure what anodized finish will look better.
matte or gloss anodized?

It's a direct replacement for OEM push start button (only the cap button).

Bonobo Products
There is a 20% Off introductory pricing for "RAV4World using the code: RAV4PSBA

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 HYBRID PREMIUM
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I definitely want one! Blue would be awesome to match the XSE interior! How do you install something like this?
RAVge check the install video on this link, this one is for Tacoma but is the exact same ignition switch: Push to Start/Stop Button - Billet Aluminum CNC Machined
it takes about 10min. to remove the OEM cap and install the aluminum push start button.. I'll be uploading the anodized buttons of RAV4's by the end of this week.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Am I correct to assume that Toyota Racing Development, established in 1979 and has provided performance packages for Toyotas for decades, is finally good and dead with the introduction of push/start buttons? TRD: used to mean supercharges, traction devices, tuned exhaust and suspension. Now almost ubiquitously means stickers, badges, and now a button.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Can I go 50/50? I like the black in matte and red in gloss....LOL!

·
Registered
2020 XLE Hybrid
63 Posts
Am I correct to assume that Toyota Racing Development, established in 1979 and has provided performance packages for Toyotas for decades, is finally good and dead with the introduction of push/start buttons? TRD: used to mean supercharges, traction devices, tuned exhaust and suspension. Now almost ubiquitously means stickers, badges, and now a button.
It also adds 10 hp

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 HYBRID PREMIUM
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Personally I prefer the backlit stock button. Also, when your smart key dies and you have to hold it directly up to the ignition button to start the car, does this interfere/block the signal?
The three holes at the bottom are thru holes that allow light to pass for night time visibility. Any function of the OEM ignition switch won't be affected by replacing the plastic cap for the custom aluminum push start button.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts