Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a video of how to do this? (replace horn) or have any instruction .

The OEM horns sounds like the one on a kid's bike.

:nerd

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Yes, the hybrid will certainly be different, and likely any 2016 may be too.
There's a couple old threads here on horn replacement.

I'll be looking at this too if I ever see the car. Worst case if the OEM horns are inaccessible you can cut the wires and run them to your new horns. Biggest problem is getting at them to swing a wrench.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Quickdtoo's link was spot on with my 2014 Rav. Although gotta admit when all was said and done, I didn't notice any change in the sound from the new horns :(

I will definitely be replacing my hybrids horn as soon as I get it to something a lot more grunty, even if it requires more than just a straight swap as the el grande's did.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yup - they are the ones I got. Hmmm maybe it was my imagination then cause I coulda sworn they sounded the same after changing.

To be honest though, even after listening to that video, I still don't think they are quite enough. Thinking of going for hella sharptones this time around...

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Sounds like you only replaced one of the horns, or one didn't have power, I put the Freeway Blasters on my 2006 V6 Rav4, they were a bit louder than the El Grande, my wife says both are too loud, she likes the beep-beep on her Prius! :laugh

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The 2016 is a very different replacement job. (this IS the hybrid forum right?)
I gave up even trying to gain access to the horns, I suspect removing the grill assembly is required.

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
Can you please send me the link, or video on How to change a stock OEM Horn of 2015 RAV4 Limited edition.
My eMail ad: REMOVED

Thank you.
Members can contact you via PM or by posting a link.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts