Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Quality control 30 day hold

384 7
I put a deposit in a rav 4 xle October and was told it would be here by mid November. It was transported by rail oct 19 and arrived November 7 in Princeton Indiana. Why did it take so long by rail? Now it shows there is a QC hold on the vehicle for at least 30 days. I have no confidence in the new car I should be receiving. What is the hold? What is the issue? Anyone having this problem right now or just my car?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Curious: without knowledge why have you lost confidence?

Probably nobody here can answer the exact reason why the train was so slow but it shouldn't matter. We can't control how fast shipping could be.

I've heard from the forums something about a QC hold but I do not remember the outcome.

Can the salesman help find out what the hold is about. The Salesman likely is unable to tell you why the train was delayed.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 LE
249 Posts
The QC hold thing happened to me last December 2 weeks after I put a deposit down, and like a week before it was scheduled to arrive. Like you, I was told it could be on hold for 30 days. Was in a rental, needed a car asap, got lucky and found another rav4 not on hold.

TLDR: I had the QC hold too last year, not sure why it happens but I hear it's common.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The QC hold thing happened to me last December 2 weeks after I put a deposit down, and like a week before it was scheduled to arrive. Like you, I was told it could be on hold for 30 days. Was in a rental, needed a car asap, got lucky and found another rav4 not on hold.

TLDR: I had the QC hold too last year, not sure why it happens but I hear it's common.
Curious: without knowledge why have you lost confidence?

Probably nobody here can answer the exact reason why the train was so slow but it shouldn't matter. We can't control how fast shipping could be.

I've heard from the forums something about a QC hold but I do not remember the outcome.

Can the salesman help find out what the hold is about. The Salesman likely is unable to tell you why the train was delayed.
Salesman is zero help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I was told this one would arrive in about 2 weeks which they shouldn’t have told me that apparently. I would have gone elsewhere.

·
Registered
887 Posts
You'll be hard-pressed to find any car can be available in 2 weeks, not just Toyota.
You could get lucky and the dealership may have an unaccounted for allocation vehicle but you need to be there at the right time to get that lucky.

Ford truck people are still awaiting their January order to arrive.

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
QC hold? Factual, or simply an excuse for shipping and arrival delays? QC is supposed to be done at the factory and vehicles then are released for shipping and delivery as is, unless some problem is discovered which needs to be checked and rectified in that production run and that likely is very unusual. Our '11 RAV4 arrived with no such restraints, but of course that was 11 years ago.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I put a deposit in a rav 4 xle October and was told it would be here by mid November. It was transported by rail oct 19 and arrived November 7 in Princeton Indiana. Why did it take so long by rail? Now it shows there is a QC hold on the vehicle for at least 30 days. I have no confidence in the new car I should be receiving. What is the hold? What is the issue? Anyone having this problem right now or just my car?
It happens...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts