Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a fax from a local dealership who sent me their "inquiry report" for a RAV4 that i'm looking to purchase. it was faxed to me because their so-called invoice price didn't match what i found on edmunds so i called them out on it.

so i got the fax, and noticed a few things that i'm not familiar with (which probably was the cause of the discrepancy)...

as you can see from what's highlighted, i don't konw what TDA and Wholesale Financial Reserve are. are these negligible charges that i can negotiate away?

the dealerships offer was $21,528, before tax/title/doc. i want to try and push them for $21,000 before tax/title/doc. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
179 Posts
TDA=Extra Dealer Profit
Dealer Holdback=Extra Dealer Profit
Whsl Fin Reserve=Extra Dealer Profit

and on my window sticker, the last item listed under Standard Equipment is "Full Tank of Gas".

Destination Charge is the only thing valid in that bottom section.

·
Registered
271 Posts
TDA is the advertising fee. Dealer Holdback is the dealer pure profit for selling the vehicle (not including any other unknown incentive).
Wholesale Finance Reserve is the incentive for dealer to sell Toyota loan. According to my salesperson, the finance guy won't get the finance reserve if he could not get me borrowing from Toyota.

In my case, I was hit with another fee, TMF. I heard that's a regional marketing fee set by Gulf States. Dealer is supposed to pay Gulf States for regional TV advertisements.

Bottom line.. Just offer what you want to pay. If you can get below the dealer invoice, you've in good shape. If you can't, you need to start listing your wish list that you want them to throw in. They're more willing to give you something than reducing the sales price. After all, $100 discount is not equivalent to a free all-weather mat ($80) to them since their cost could be $40.

Look from the big picture. I bought mine before V6 because my preapproved loan is about to expire. That forced me to settle for a I4 at dealer invoice + all-weather mat + cargo tray. I should have asked for more but I didn't do my homework very well.

That's a pretty good offer to start with. I think you can get it for $21k. I got mine for $21,400 without alloy wheel but all-weather mat, cargo tray, alarm system (rs3200+) and tonneau cover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts