Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my first post here.

Bought a 2017 RAV4 Hybrid XLE two months ago, and it supposed to have Entune Audio Plus, 6.1" Touch-screen. Dealership told me it has Entune Audio Plus, the Toyota owner's website shows Entune Audio Plus, 6.1" Touch-screen in my vehicle spec.

While the screen does look 6.1" and there's a slot for a CD, for the life of me I couldn't figure out the Entune set up. I downloaded the app on my iPhone, tried setting it up but always gets stuck at the "entering VIN" step with the error message that my vehicle is not Entune enabled. Does anyone else experience this. Also, when going through menus and setups on the touch screen, there is no mention of Entune anywhere. Is there a version of 2017 XLE that does not come with Entune at all?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Billy

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Pretty sure the cell phone has to be linked to the car first. But I've never bothered with the Entune apps, there's nothing to see there and it consumes bandwidth on your phone.
Anyway there's a whole book on the system included with the manuals.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info,

When you said "linked to the car first", do you mean a physical USB connection and/or Bluetooth connection has to be made when setting up Etune? I'm pretty sure it was connected when I tried to set up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the clarification, I'm certain I didn't get the premium system with Nav, therefore the App Suite does not apply to my vehicle. So my vehicle spec sheet that mentioned "Entune Audio Plus" might be a misprint?

What is Entune Audio Plus anyway? Getting more confused...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah....after a little digging I think I figured it out. Looks like the only thing that I need to download on my phone is the Scout GPS Appas it's pretty much the only thing special about Entune Audio Plus

1 - 6 of 6 Posts