Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting a nilight 32" light bar that i want to mount on my yakima loadwarrior roof rack. my question is where should i run the wiring to the battery. keep in mind im trying at all costs to refrain from drilling any holes in my 2012 rav4.

thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
you could run the wires to the trunk, then up around the back door, to the roof rack, so the wire would only be visible from the back roof rack foot, to the top of the back door....

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
you could run the wires to the trunk, then up around the back door, to the roof rack, so the wire would only be visible from the back roof rack foot, to the top of the back door....
Maybe the wire could be painted to match the body color, to help camouflage it, too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess at thiss point in the project, im trying to wire a switch to turn on and of the light bar. having trouble getting from the battery to the cabin.... anyone know an easy way to get through/around the firewall?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i guess at thiss point in the project, im trying to wire a switch to turn on and of the light bar. having trouble getting from the battery to the cabin.... anyone know an easy way to get through/around the firewall?
there is a large grommet on each side of the firewall, I used the one close to the brake master cylinder to pass the wires for the trailer brake controller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts