Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all Zaino users! Which car polish do I buy for Blizzard Pearl - Z2 PRO, Z3 or Z5? They use a 3 paint process on the Blizzard Pearl, and I wasn't sure if that makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ravgal

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Use the Z-2 Pro, but do a good wash with a dishwash soap like Dawn or Palmolive to get off most of whatever dealer prep wax is on your finish. Would also be a good idea to use ZFX or Z-1 ( before) with it since this is your first time, will help the Z-2 bond better. New car should be clean enough to skip the recommended clay bar step. I would also get some of the Z-6 spray - helps you renew your finish peroidically without having to add another coat of Z-2 - great quick detail spray!!....... :)

OC

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks OC! I knew you'd have the answer! :D

I was going through the list of products on the Zaino website and there's an aweful lot I need. My hubby has a black mustang and I want to get him the Z-18 ClayBar along with the Z-7 Car Wash and Z-5 polish. He has some water spots and swirl marks on the clear coat. This should help right?

I would of course also need the ZFX and Z2-PRO like you suggested along with the Z6 spray. What do you use for your rims and tires?

Thanks again!
ravgal

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Ravgal -
Z-5 is good to fill in light swirls. For waterspots, heavier swirls and light surface scratches, which show even more on black & dark colors, I'd get the PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner & Swirl remover. Can be used by hand or machine. If your hubby can't get the waterspots (etched on) out with that, he's gonna have to get the clearcoat rubbed by machine at a body shop. Z-7 is a good choice for carwash, helps renew the Z-2 finish. I use the Z-2 or Z-5 on the rims. For tires, I use Stoner's Tire Shine Less Time with a foam concave tire applicator. Don't forget Zaino' Leather in a Bottle if you have leather seats - softens the leather and even gives a rich leather aroma. I use Stoner's Trim Shine on the interior vinyl surfaces - there's alot of good vinyl protectors on the market.

Remember Zaino is not just a topcoat polish, but a system that will be some work for the first application, but will make it easier to maintain your finish in the long run. :wink:

OC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts