Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys'
I just want to ask if there is some kind of a fuse or relay or something that has connection between ignition switch and battery?

Because I believe that my ignition switch doesn't send power/electricity to aircon, radio, power window, clock etc... some dashboard lights came on too like abs, vsc, wheel lock, hand brake

If I use my remote starter key, my car runs fine, all are running/working....

Thanks and God Bless...

Anyway, my car is 2013 rav4 LE...

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
Of course there are fuses and relays in that circuit. Maybe you have a blown fuse. Did you look in the 2 fuse boxes under the hood and the fuse box under the dash? Is your remote start factory or aftermarket? It should be under warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your immediate reply Sir...
Yes, I already check 2 fuse box, under the hood and under the dash but all fuse are good... I also check the relays and it is all good too... I don't know if my remote starter is aftermarket or not, when I bought it (2nd hand with 50km mileage), it is already there...

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
thanks for your immediate reply Sir...
Yes, I already check 2 fuse box, under the hood and under the dash but all fuse are good... I also check the relays and it is all good too... I don't know if my remote starter is aftermarket or not, when I bought it (2nd hand with 50km mileage), it is already there...
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you have the Toyota remote start you will use the standard Toyota key. With an aftermarket system, you would have additional remote fobs.

Your 2013 should still be under warranty unless it has more than 60,000 kms. If it is, take it to a Toyota dealer and let them fix it for free.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes I have additional remote fob, I brought my car in Toyota dealer this morning and I will pick it up this afternoon... I will write an update if it's fixed so that others may know what's the problem, incase if it will be happen to their car. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts