Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it really a good thing to get on a new car. Never bought an extended warranty of any vehicle I owned so far and did okay.

Just wondering how many RAVers got the warranty.

I was quoted originally 1900.00 butt he came down to 1500.00 for the 7yr./75000 warranty. I see on this forum I can get it cheaper. Has anybody done this.

Too excited to sleep :roll:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got my Rav4 Limited Thursday. Dealer offered the 7yr/75000m plan for $900 which I bought.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I got the extended warranty, only because I was offered a good deal and that my RAV4 is a 4WD, more things that can go wrong in a 4WD system. Plus the new RAV has so many electronic safety system in it, I figure I cant go wrong with $900 for 7 years.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boys/Girls,

Should have purcahsed from Tro. $805 for 7yr/100k 0 deductible.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Can we get it any cheaper? It looks like he has quite a few referrals from RAV4WORLD.COM. Say $700.+/- out the door, would clinch it for me. I would think he can make us an offer we can't refuse! Purduealum91 should be our point person on this. :p

·
Registered
379 Posts
That's a great price for the 7/75. Is it zero deductable too? You have a name and a contact phone number I could call. I knew dealers would come down.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sounds good

I would also be interested in finding out the dealer you got that offer of 600.oo for that extended warranty :shock:

·
Registered
149 Posts
There is an earlier thread that provides contact info for Troy at Toyota of Greenfield in MA. I called him to get the price for the 7/5 ($0 deductible platinum service from Toyota Financial Services) and asked my dealer if they would match. They said they would so I got this deal.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just got the 7/100, 0 deductible platinum from Toyota of Greenfield for $805. That's a heck of a deal, a lot cheaper than I've found it elsewhere.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I received a few emails over the weekend in which there seems to be some confusion over the coverage you get with the Toyota Platinum ExtraCare.

The Platinum ExtraCare coverage is a Service Contract (Extended Warranty) and while it does have a few extras, like rental, towing and travel protection. It does NOT include maintenance or roadside assistance.

Toyota offers a separate product called AutoCare, which is their Pre-Paid Maintenance program. That covers the oil changes, and roadside assistance, and in the Premium version it adds the tire rotations and the major services at 15K, 30K and 45K. (The Premium AutoCare actually covers everything as outlined in the Scheduled Maintenance Guide under the normal operating condition heading)

For more information you can look at the Toyota Financial website here: http://www.toyotafinancial.com/pyv/prepaid_maintenance/index.html

Troy

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sorry for the confusion, I musta misread information that was contained in the link. Deleted my entry, so no one else will be confused... Old Irish proverb " If it seems to good to be true it probably is"

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Troy, can you elaborate on how the Toyota warranty works, such as

Can a warranty repair be done at any Toyota dealer or just certain ones? How about a non-dealer repair shop?

Does the warranty mandate only new OEM parts rather than remanufacturered or aftermarket?

Does the warranty mandate repair vs replacement when appropriate?

ie: If I blow my transmission, will the dealer install a factory new one, a rebuilt one, or will he fix mine? If the starter contacts burn up, will he replace the $20 contacts for 2 hours labor, or install a brand new $300 starter for 1 hour labor?

Does the warranty require a part to fail completely, or just be "out of tolerance"? These parts haven't failed (yet) but are definitely on their way out.

ie: an excessively worn suspension bushing, or an overly loud electric window lift motor?

Will a participating dealer process a warranty claim on the spot, or will I have to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed? (How much red tape, if any?)

I'm not trying to pick nits... well maybe a little - but most aftermarket warranties have REALLY strange fine print, and I just want to clarify how the Toyota warranty works in real life. What is the "Pain in the Ass" factor, on a scale of 1-10 (10 being horrible).?

I was recently looking at a $4000 Volvo extended warranty for a 3 year old XC70 and it was pretty good, featurewise, compared to the $3000 aftermarket version. Yours sounds like a much more palatable deal at 1/5 the price.

Thanks.

John Davies
Spokane WA

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi John

I started going through all your questions, and I think it would be easier if I just emailed you a PDF copy of the contract so you can read it. Send me an email to [email protected] and I will send you a reply with the attachment.

Troy

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Westchester Dealer extended warrenty is $1500

After reading how much people were getting it for I paused it for a day or two. Any idea of what the actual price is, for my guess is that he is trying to make up his money after having to sell it to me at a Costco price. Is it possible to buy it from another dealer?

Thanks for any replies before hand.

onno

·
Registered
229 Posts
My finance guy at Elmhurst Toyota, Rob Soto agreed to match Troy's price on Platinum 7/100k $0 ded for $805.

Originally they wanted $895 for the 6 year/75K...

I even had Rob come on the boards to check it out.. :p

Chances are he will be visiting.. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Inocense said:
My finance guy at Elmhurst Toyota, Rob Soto agreed to match Troy's price on Platinum 7/100k $0 ded for $805.

Originally they wanted $895 for the 6 year/75K...

I even had Rob come on the boards to check it out.. :p

Chances are he will be visiting.. :)
I think it's far more likely that I will be getting a call from Rob complaining that I'm costing him money. :roll: I get calls from dealers yelling (to be kind) all the time. So if you must try and price match, I'd be forever grateful if you could refrain from giving them my name or dealerships name when doing so.

Thanks,

Troy

·
Registered
229 Posts
:( Sorry Troy.. Didn't plan to purchase the warranty from them.. Was going to give you a call.. I turned him down and told him I could get it cheaper elsewhere.. He then agreed to match it..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts