Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

Please, can any of you tell me if the following value I paid for Toyota Extra Care Vehicle Service Agreement/extended warranty (VSA) Platinum is too expensive?

I bought a new 2015 RAV4 XLE from a Toyota dealer in Santa Fe, NM and I was charged $3050 for the Platinum VSA 7 years/100000 miles.
The day I bought the car, I was given an offer on the sales price provided I buy that day, which convinced me to go ahead. Similarly, when signing papers with the financial dept. staff, he said the VSA platinum 7K/100000 miles cost was $4500 or $4700 (sincerely I do not remember the exact number) and if purchased VSA that very same day it would cost me only $3050. So, I accepted, convinced that I can cancel this VSA within 30 days.

Is the value for the Toyota VSA too excessive?
How can i verify I have not overpaid?
on www.toyotafinacial.com I read I can cancel my VSA within 30 days, hope this will not be a point of conflict with dealer!

Thank you!

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Welcome! An apparent OUCH for what you were charged! Extended VSA prices from the official Toyota site:

Warranty Pricing

• 7 Years or 100,000 Miles
  • $1105
  • 7 Years or 125,000 Miles
  • $1375
  • 8 Years or 100,000 Miles
  • $1340
  • 8 Years or 125,000 Miles
  • $1600

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Jim!
I really appreciate your info. I will look at the Toyota official site and use that information to negotiate or cancel VSA.
My best,
Victor

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Best wishes, Victor, in working out what to do about the VSA you purchased. Let us know what you decide to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts