Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally was able to take delivery of an inherited 2013 Limited, Entune, JBL, 2WD, (no turbos or laser guided missile defense system though). As the car came from Arizona (hot, hot, hot) and ended up in California near the ocean (cool, cool, cool) the TPMS light was on. In looking at the manual to check on air pressure, resetting the TPMS, I note that I do not have a 'reset TPMS' button under the steering wheel, nor to I seem to be able to find the TPMS readout on the infotainment system. Is this option only on the 4WD model? After I refilled the pressure in the tires to spec, the light went out. I would think that this level of options would have this on the display.

This is a car that was owned by my late mother-in-law, and it only has 6000 miles on it and has the platinum package.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Well, I finally was able to take delivery of an inherited 2013 Limited, Entune, JBL, 2WD, (no turbos or laser guided missile defense system though). As the car came from Arizona (hot, hot, hot) and ended up in California near the ocean (cool, cool, cool) the TPMS light was on. In looking at the manual to check on air pressure, resetting the TPMS, I note that I do not have a 'reset TPMS' button under the steering wheel, nor to I seem to be able to find the TPMS readout on the infotainment system. Is this option only on the 4WD model? After I refilled the pressure in the tires to spec, the light went out. I would think that this level of options would have this on the display.

This is a car that was owned by my late mother-in-law, and it only has 6000 miles on it and has the platinum package.
It should have the TPMS (US law) unless the car was intended and sold for the Canadian market.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps you mis-understood. I have the warning light on the dash as expected. What I don't have is the TPMS reset button shown in the manual (under the steering wheel). The VIN indicates the car was made in Canada, but it was bought new in Arizona.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Check tire pressure on ALL the tires including SPARE. Set to correct tire pressure and light will go off by itself after driving. If 0ne tire is low it will make light come on.

·
Premium Member
7,942 Posts
The TPMS reset button isn't on the instrument panel, it's under the dash just behind and above the brake return spring in a slight recess, you'd be pushing it straight up, it doesn't face the rear at all. There's no TPMS sensor in the emergency spare tire, only in full size spares if anyone has one(international models only AFAIK).

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
There's no TPMS sensor in the emergency spare tire, only in full size spares if anyone has one(international models only AFAIK).
While this is true, you should still check your spare none the less - over time it will lose air pressure.

I recently checked my spare and found it was low - I never checked it before then.

Live and learn! ;-)

·
Premium Member
7,942 Posts
I've been checking spare tire pressures regularly for 50 some years, I wouldn't recommend relying on the TPMS to alert of a low tire in the first place, tires will always loose air pressure, it's just the way they are unfortunately. :shrug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts