Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as stated in my intro post, my wife and I purchased a used 2013 Rav4. We've had it about 3 weeks now and are very very happy with it, especially the missus.

I still have some b2b warranty left as well as the powertrain. But I've come up with a bit of a challenge. This is the first time I've purchased a used car that wasn't already very old. All of my other vehicles were new. So I drove them and got to know them and then when a new noise would start, or a new vibration, or a new anything I'd know that there was something to look into. But with this one I don't know what is normal and what is not.

Are there anything in particular issues or problems that these Rav4 are known for? Anything that I should be looking into or paying attention for?

All in all it drives extremely well. Handles extremely well... and it replaced an aging Dodge Caravan so it's like driving the greatest car on earth in comparison.

One more thing. I do my own oil changes. Anything I need to be aware of in that department?

Thanks guys,

Al

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
So as stated in my intro post, my wife and I purchased a used 2013 Rav4. We've had it about 3 weeks now and are very very happy with it, especially the missus.

I still have some b2b warranty left as well as the powertrain. But I've come up with a bit of a challenge. This is the first time I've purchased a used car that wasn't already very old. All of my other vehicles were new. So I drove them and got to know them and then when a new noise would start, or a new vibration, or a new anything I'd know that there was something to look into. But with this one I don't know what is normal and what is not.

Are there anything in particular issues or problems that these Rav4 are known for? Anything that I should be looking into or paying attention for?

All in all it drives extremely well. Handles extremely well... and it replaced an aging Dodge Caravan so it's like driving the greatest car on earth in comparison.

One more thing. I do my own oil changes. Anything I need to be aware of in that department?

Al

If you do you own oil changes this Mobil 1 REBATE might be of interest to you!

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/123-4-4-general/235218-mobil-1-0w20-12-00-rebate-until-oct-31-2016-a.html

·
Registered
548 Posts

Thanks guys,

Al
I would recommend the 'u'-shaped tool over the fluted cup thing to remove the filter canister when doing an oil change.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The drivetrain on the 2013+ RAV4 is pretty bulletproof. The 2.5L engine and 6 speed automatic have been around a long time and have proven to go over 200,000 mi + without issue. Like others have said, there are minor issues here and there but no known serious defects that you should worry about. I've had mine for 2 years and can honestly say it's the most reliable car I have ever owned. Keep it maintained and you will enjoy it for a long time. Welcome to the forum!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts