Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please take one measurement? I need someone without the plastic wheel well trim\flares and oem tire size to take the measurement from the ground to the bottom edge of the metal wheelwell arch at the center of the front wheel. I have a home made lift kit and i am trying to figure the total lift.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Please a quick measurement from the ground to the lip of the fender well. Front and rear if you can.

·
Super Moderator
10,375 Posts
Seems you didn't measure yours before and after. I'd guess there's at least 1/2" variance among different 4.1 RAV4s depending on weight in the car where they're parked, spring sag, 4WD, FWD, etc. And how many almost 20 year-old cars are going to have stock tires? So unless you added several inches of lift you'd probably need the average of a dozen cars for any meaningful comparison.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just really need to know what the approx measurement is from the ground to the highest point at the center of the wheel well arch is on any rav4.1 that is still on factory size tires. (215/70/16).

Age sag will effect only nominally
Parked on reasonably level ground is close enough
Spring/ shock spec is same for 2wd and 4wd 4 door cars
Weight will not effect the front. How much weight could be added to the front
Weight in the rear will not effect enough for me to care. (Only time i had noticeable sage from weight was when i had a yard and a half of garden mulch loaded in the car)

Currently i am seeing between 34 and 34.25 inches from the ground to the top of the wheel well arch parked on level ground. I am just looking to know if the lift yielded 2 or 2.5 or even 3 inches of overall body lift. Approximations are fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perfect. Thank you. I have about 2.75 inches in the front, and about 2 in the rear of lift. Looks like i will need a spring isolator spacer of 1 inch to level it out. Not so bad for the 80 bucks i have in it so far. I think i can 3d print a spring isolator, cast a silicone mold, then cast a 2 part urethane spacer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts