Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, my parents bought an 05 RAV4 base model without remote FOB .

I'd like to get them a remote and program it for them but I don't know if it will work. Does anyone know whther or not all the RAv's have that feature but just no Fob or is there a box/transonder that also must be added on?

THanks

·
Registered
771 Posts
If it has power locks then you could do it easily. Without pw/locks, your gona have a harder time.

There are plenty of systems out there to retrofit power locks with remotes. I though all RAV's were created equal in this respect. Guess not.

Later. M.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marcutio, I have pw d/ls but wan't sure thif there was a tronsponder I have to purchase. The programming portion I can handle just not adding additonal stuffs. I'll purchase a remote this weekend and give it a shot next weekend. *cross fingers*

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI for all future people that would liek to try, it doesn't work.
I tried going through the programing mode and it won't go through the complete program. The part where the door locks are supposed to cycle does not happen, I tried it a couple of times and had two other people attempt it with the instructions, my guess is that we're prob missing a brain piece or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts