Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quoted $21,600 for the moment. Not going to purchase it. If I'm not wrong, toyota gives dealer quite a substantial amount of money to sell a vehicle like that. Almost $1k. If you offer at invoice, they would still make about $1k. My limit is $500 above invoice price. Period.

·
Registered
233 Posts
You were quoted $21,600 for WHAT?!?!?! :roll: We can't tell from your post if this is a good deal or not. The mark-up is %8 and the hold-back is about $400 on these units.

·
Super Moderator
1,561 Posts
Re: Quote Equipment

kendfw said:
Base Model
Side air bag
cargo cover
roof rack
drl
OK... Let's break it down...

MSRP (source: BuyAToyota.com)
$20,300 -- Base RAV4 4x2 4-cylinder
$605 -- Delivery, Processing & MSRP Handling Fee (your mileage may vary)
$1,050 -- Option Combination #A (don't ask, that's what Toyota's website says)
Option A includes 50 state emissions (FE), Daytime Running Lights's (RL), Roll Sensing Side Curtain Airbags and Driver & Front Passenger Front Seat Mounted Side Airbags (GY), Roof Rack (DR) and Tonneau Cover w/ Cargo Net & Support Poles (CD)
---------------
$21,955 -- Subtotal, Pre-Tax

Invoice (source: Cars.com)
$18,778 -- Base RAV4 4x2 4-cylinder
$605 -- Delivery, Processing & MSRP Handling Fee (your mileage may vary)
$112 -- Tonneau Cover
$176 -- Roof Rack w/Cross Bar Roof Rail
$559 -- Driver & Passenger Curtain & Side Airbags
$32 -- Daytime Running Lights
$NC -- 50 State Emissions
---------------
$20,262

Apparently, there's no "package/bundle discount", because the MSRP of "Option Combination #A" rang up the same ala carte...

So, that's a $1,693 markup between Invoice and MSRP, assuming the dealer actually paid factory invoice. Some dealers merit a fatter discount and there's always the occasional regional price gouging. Edmunds doesn't have a "True Market Value" for the new RAV yet... You might be able to squeeze some more out of that dealer since they only knocked $355 off of MSRP. With a brand new model and potentially high demand, however, don't expect any miracles, let alone leverage.

·
Registered
423 Posts
It really gets to me what you Ravers in the US pay for your new Ravs. Figures of $22000 for a brand new one, we in the UK will be asked to pay anything between £I8000 and £23000 for a brand new Rav4.3 plus we will probably not get any discount on that price either. Recon that their are 2US $ to the £ then someone is making a lot of money out of UK Ravers.
I am not getting at US Ravers at all it just makes me MAD that we are getting ripped off by someone out there!!!!!!!!
Clare
(I,ll get off my soapbox now)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RAV4 in Japan is so much cheaper. CVT engine too. I just got an offer from a dealership to sell me a penny over invoice. The vehicle must be from the stock. Since there's no 2006 RAV4 in stock, I can't take advantage of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts