Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been eyeing the R4Ps for a while. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a standard XSE (no PP) and was curious everyones thoughts on the seats - mixed media vs softex. I haven't been able to see either in person so looking for whatever insight you guys can provide.
How have they held up for you? Any concerns going with either?

Lookin forward to the convo...
thanks

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 XSE
69 Posts
I have a "standard" XSE model with the softex material and blue seat inserts and both my girlfriend and I love it. I have never compared them with the seats in the Prime but I always thought they were the same except for the red accents instead of blue.
Claude.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Limited FWD
269 Posts
I have the softex seats and love them. They are comfortable and easy to clean. I’ve had faux leather in other vehicles and it was exceptionally durable.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime XSE
356 Posts
I have the standard xse Prime with the red trim they are just as good as the softex I’ve had in other models. I’ve heard some mention there is a difference in the heated seats but I’ve never noticed any difference.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've been eyeing the R4Ps for a while. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a standard XSE (no PP) and was curious everyones thoughts on the seats - mixed media vs softex. I haven't been able to see either in person so looking for whatever insight you guys can provide.

thanks
I have the SofTex seats in both my 2018 4Runner and my new, 2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid. I love them. I have had no problems with them and they are so much easier to keep clean than anything with fabric.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE (+weather +audio) Silver Sky Metallic
100 Posts
I have the non-premium Prime XSE Softex seats and they are very comfortable and seem very durable and easy to clean, so far. I had cloth seats on my previous RAV and they definitely stained over time. These seats seem like they will hold up better, but we’ll see.

·
Registered
268 Posts

thanks
I opted for an XSE w/ the Weather Package and Premium Audio/Navigation package, and absolutely did not want to pay the add'l $3500 for the PP. Here's why:

1. Absolutely did not want the giant panoramic sunroof!
2. The kick-sensor on the tailgate is the 4th mechanism added to help you open the gate, so absolutely not needed and does in fact get in the way of the OEM trailer hitch installation.
3. The 6.6kwh charger is absolutely not needed for us, and we just discovered the 240v L2 charger isn't even needed--this has to do w/ our driving needs. I sent a Grizzl-e charger back for a refund just yesterday.
4. The 120v AC outlet in the back is something we had in our 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid, and in 8y never used it once!
5. The soft-tex trimmed seats are great, and I thought perhaps the fabric inner might be a little warmer in the winter months, but that may not be true not sure. Still has the lovely red piping and otherwise looks like faux leather trim which is dandy for us. In fact when we compared the appearance of both the PP equipped all soft-tex, we preferred the appearance of the non PP XSE seats.

Some have complained about the Dynamic Navigation in this car but we're really loving it, voice-controlled etc. Love the calming voice and the fact the turn by turn displays in the MFD as well as the LCD panel, so it's very useful and we will definitely pay to maintain it I think it's just a 1-2y trial period or something like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the responses! I'm still on the hunt, but hopefully will have one locked down soon-ish.

If only the dealerships weren't so ridiculous on their markups!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts