Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raced a newer Durango R/T recently it was a 18+ because it had the SRT style hood and racetrack taillights. Man those things do looks pretty good. Raced twice both from a dig ,one by about 2 car lengths the first race and by 3 or more the second with a very good launch 2000+ rpm holding brakes and traction/stability off, 4wd locked.

Both vehicles were 7 passengers both with single occupants.

Below are some specs on both pretty similar. Needless no say it was a close race
But it could have gone either way two very quick 7 passenger SUV’s.

Let me here your stories / experiences
Track , Street, Mexico,

RAV4 V6 3.5
Power to weight
269hp
Weight 3655lbs Approx
13.5 lbs/hp
5 speed
0-60 6.3-6.7(Depending on tester)
1/4 mile high 14 capable stock

Durango R/T Hemi 5.7
360hp
Weight 5176 lbs Approx
14.3 lbs/hp
8 speed
0-60 6.2-6.7 (depending on tester)
1/4 mile high 14 capable stock

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Below is a 0-60 run , I can consistently run 6.3 I had one 6.2 but I did not think to take an image of if from the scanner I have. Mine is also a 7 passenger with a class 3 so I assume I’m a bit slower than most.

As soon as the covid19 thing lifts I will be going to the local drag strip , I happened to see your video of the camaro you raced in the 1/8 mile I think. SS or v6? Impressive none the less.

Nicely done! Ever tested your 0-60mph or taken it to a track?

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not on the streets of course ....lol
2 races on green lights on private property. We both knew what was going on I was talking to the driver before each race. Love the Durango though for looks, I would consider buying one for sure and they are quick 5000 lb truck.

I’m also in Canada , normally race at Luskville Dragstrip with my other cars but they are still closed due to covid thing.

Where did you race?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got a run in with a 2013 F150 5.0 6 speed this week another close one. They are normally good for a 6.9 0-60 in those body’s with 6 speeds the new 10speed ones are much quicker.

It was a pretty close race as he got a slight jump on me but I managed to real him in and gain 1-2 car lengths.

Never gets old surprising people with the RAV4. This was another Dig race. hope to get a dash cam and share some of these soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same experience in my wife's 2010 Venza V6 last year at a test/tune session, though i didn't ask the year of the truck, just a late model 5.0 with a tune, he didn't say which one. Pulled a car length on him before 60 and kept pulling some until we finished. I still wish I had 4wd on it or my '06 Rav V6...both like to go nowhere if you're too aggressive on the launch, I hate the overly sensitive throttle tip in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts