Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Factory Manual for the 2004 Rav4, it shows Radiator Grill #1.
This grill should sit in front of the two horns. I have checked all of the Rav4's on the Dealer's lots and none have this grill in place. I even tried to order one, and the parts person looked at me like I had three heads. What's up with this grill? Does it even exist anywhere but in the Factory Manual?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Post us a picture of the the grill and maybe we can help.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I noticed that when I bought my 2004. Talked to the parts and service mgr. that is a friend of mine and he could find no information. Our best combined guess is that they changed their minds about it before production started and the manual was already written. Sure looks like something should go there, doesn't it.
Anyone find out something different let me know too.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I've noticed some features in my Toyota factory service manual that were not available on USDM Ravs.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's custom grill time!
I'll probably use the old "Gutter Guard" trick, painted flat black.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2002 3dr. euro spec. it has the grill your talking about,I can get you one here in Germany, if you realy want one its black plastic mesh pattern ( I have to tell you I love My rav but this piece is realy cheesey the plastic is identical to those small baskets strawberries come in I took mine out ) send me an e-mail and I will help you out if you want one

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks DARKCLOUD,
Is the 2002 grill identical to the 2004 model?
I know the headlights for 2004 are different than all other years, maybe the grill has changed too, anyone know for sure?
Is it's style and construction the same as radiator grill #2 (grill at the very bottom)?
Can you post a picture of your grill, for me and others?
Again, thanks for your help.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2001-2003 Standard Grille

2004-2005 Standard Grille

These are European RAV4's (Clear headlamps) but the rest of the parts are exactly the same.

You can't fit a 2001-2003 Grille onto a 2004-2005 RAV4 and like wise a 2004-2005 on a 2001-2003 due the grille metal body work surround the grille being different.

I think DARKCLOUD is talking about the TTE grille avaialbe in Europe and I believe in US/Canada.

TTE Grilles
2001-2003

2004-2005

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grill delema

Sorry every one I thought you were looking for the grille in front of the oil cooler below the main grille,mabey you are? on my euro spec.
the horns are located behind the oil cooler grill, I will try and get some pictures posted,

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I'm looking for the grill just under the main grill, where the 2 horns are located. I guess it could also be considered the middle grill. It looks like it is the smallest of the 3 grills. I would appreciate it if you could post picture(s). Thanks for your help.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I figured what your all talking about (ignore my post above about front grills)

I presume you talking Radiator Grill inserts that I have outlined in red:-

Those front flap things (marked in yellow) and these Radiator Grill inserts are fitted to European RAV4's only. Sorry don't know the parts numbers.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To: Scott Cummings,
The grill just above the license plate is the one I am talking about, the one I, and every Rav4 I have seen, don't have and am looking for. The grill below the license plate I have. This is the first time I have seen this grill in place, other than in the Factory Manual, on any Rav4. Those lower front flaps in yellow, are they there for cooling purposes trying to direct additional airflow to the radiator or maybe foglight cooling? I like the look.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No the front flaps just direct dirt and water away from the front tires, These front flaps are at angle to help do this.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Speaking of which, I noticed that when driving through a puddle, the tires tend to splash water onto the windshield and hood from the front of the vehicle, don't ask me how. When I noticed mud on the hood and windshield, I questioned my wife about her tailgating people (It's her ride). She told me she wasn't tailgating, it was coming from the tires. I told her she must be mistaken, WRONG again! After intentionally going through some puddles, I found that this was indeed the case. Very strange.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GRILL

Hello noodlerooney

Seems we were talking about the same thing, If your not an a big hurry I will go thru my garage on monday and find the 2 lower grills
You can have them just dont expect much like I said they are realy flimsy, I plan on going to the dealer later next week and I will get the part# and post them, and the front splash guards dont stop the problem with the mud holes I have them on mine.If you want the grills let me Know

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks DARKCLOUD, I am interested in the center grill. Please email me with the particulars; cost, shipping, payment, etc., we'll work something out. Look foward to hearing from you.

Got your pm, check for reply, thanks for all your help.
noodle

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DARKCLOUD, how's the grill coming? Did you ever find it, I'm still interested in it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can't help with the grill issue. Noodlerooney, you are right about the splashing. I've had my RAV since February, but today with all the rain we're having I noticed that the front passenger side tire was kicking up a hell of a lot of water and depositing it all over my windshield. I had to keep kicking the wipers to HIGH to be able to see the road. This was at about 30+ mph.
I'm thinking that on 'normal' cars there's more overhang and the water gets trapped under the body of the car. But with our tires being right on the corners, it kicks up and there's nothing to block it.
Jim.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts