Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radiator hose plastic T-connector broken piece

hey guys. I have a 2009 Rav4 L4 - 2.5L. I opened up the hood tonight and saw the coolant reservoir empty. I found the plastic T-connector which attaches the lower radiator hose to the motor is cracked and broken.

Does anyone know the part number to this plastic T-connector? Hopefully I can buy a replacement at O'reilly's, Autozone, etc.

tconnector.jpg

tconnector2.jpg

·
Registered
189 Posts
i am trying to find a good labelled parts with number.
@John Hay, if you cant find this anywhere, just go to the dealer and order it. Bring it with you.

·
Registered
189 Posts
LATEST PART NUMBER FOR THE HOSE ASSEMBLY IS

16571-75180 , ABOUT 27.49CAD PLUS TAX

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link RAVN4RED! Part #: 16571-0V020 Lower Radiator Hose. Gotta buy the whole assembly. Plastic T-connector included. $46 total at dealership, in stock and will pick it up today!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Me too

My first post...this forum has been absolutely fantastic. I recently bought a 2012 RAV4 (Limited, 2.5L) that had this very same problem. It just amazes me that they thought plastic was good material choice for this part. Anyway, not wanting to replace it with the exact same OEM part back, I decided to go with a Gates part instead which I bought from Amazon.com for $20.30
Since this is my first post, I am unable to provide a link to the part, but if you go to Amazon, you can find it by searching for "Gates 23299 Molded Coolant Hose". The Gates hose fit perfectly...hopefully it'll last longer than the OEM part...we'll see.

https://www.amazon.com/Gates-23299-Molded-Coolant-Hose/dp/B002R6RXXM

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
My first post...this forum has been absolutely fantastic. I recently bought a 2012 RAV4 (Limited, 2.5L) that had this very same problem. It just amazes me that they thought plastic was good material choice for this part. Anyway, not wanting to replace it with the exact same OEM part back, I decided to go with a Gates part instead which I bought from Amazon.com for $20.30
Since this is my first post, I am unable to provide a link to the part, but if you go to Amazon, you can find it by searching for "Gates 23299 Molded Coolant Hose". The Gates hose fit perfectly...hopefully it'll last longer than the OEM part...we'll see.
One reviewer on Amazon said the Gates hose leaked after 4 months. I would use the Toyota one instead if that is the case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
One reviewer on Amazon said the Gates hose leaked after 4 months. I would use the Toyota one instead if that is the case.
That Amazon review (the leaks after 4 months) were NOT a result of hose nor plastic fitting failure, but rather a result of loose clamps. In fact, the one image looks like the person modified one of the joints on the Gates hose.
Bottomline, I discounted that review because the issue seemed to be attributed to the knuckle-head who installed it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts