Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
First time posting. I thank all for their time in advance. Back story first.
Just purchased a 2009 RAV4 base. 75k miles. A retired woman added leather interior with seat heaters and aftermarket black wheels.
Now I bought this 8 weeks ago.
6 days after I bought it I was hit by a semi tow truck. $5700 damage. It was at the body shop for 5 weeks. Had it back for nearly 2 weeks now. I bought aftermarket fog light kit from Amazon. Per this forum I bought the relay because I had factory wiring by the bumper. Long story short. Utilizing the factory wires didn't work. I am one with no #4 gray wire at turn signal harness and no relay terminals.
After several hours of trying to utilize factory wires I gave up and ran supplied wire harness from battery to dash.
Not before I tried splicing into green then purple wires on dimmer switch. Those attempts only went to fog light switch.

I noticed yesterday I have no back lighting on the factory stereo or the back lighting in climate knobs.
Now defrost, recirculation and A/C lights work when I push the buttons.
I've checked both fuse boxes under hood and the one under the dash. Every fuse.
None blown.
So am I crazy? There should be back lighting on stereo and climate knobs correct?
Again I've really only driven this car a few weeks. So I'm not very familiar with it. And I've never driven it as t night since it's summer in the Midwest. Foggy last couple mornings so it's kinda dark in the cabin.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you check all the fuses? Make sure the wires are correctly connected.
I thought I checked any applicable fuses and was still stuck until I saw someone mention elsewhere on here about the 7.5 amp panel fuse in the panel underneath the driver dash. Replaced that and made sure the couple wires that may have touched during the installation were taped. I'm good now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts