Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Rav People, I've got a 2008 with JBL stereo. My youngest boy stuffed a bunch of quarters in the CD changer, and it never did quite work properly after that. The original Radio is a 11836 and the new one I got is a 51876. 2 of the 3 harness plugs work. I have Radio and CD functionality. I don't have bluetooth and 1/8" however. I assume they are on the 3rd plug that doesn't fit the back of the new 51876. I am at a bit of a loss as to how to find a solution, and have been google searching for quite a while. Seems there'd be an adapter, or at least i could attach the wires from the 'old' plug to a new one that fits? But I can't find any info on what wire does what.

Additionally, the 51876 has built in Sirius/XM and I've run a satellite antenna already. The plug on the end of the antenna wire doesn't match anything on the XM ready radio. Perhaps there's a Sirius to XM adapter?

Thanks in advance for any info or suggestions!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
im pretty sure the reason that the new radio isnt working is because its for a newer rav and different car wiring...if you want perfect plug and play you may have to get the same replacement...i have not read anything about wiring adapters from different years of the rav...most people just upgrade their stereos to aftermarket instead of spending money to make a newer stock stereo work...also i think the older rav radios were "satellite ready" meaning you had to buy and extra kit in order to actually get the satellite radio working...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response! It's sooo close though. The one remaining plug is just a different shape. The old one has 8 wires going into it with a bunch of blank spots, and the new socket is looking for 8 wires. I figure it must be those 8 wires going into the old plug that the new radio is looking for, cause everything else works. Right? So I'm just trying to figure out where the old 8 need to go. And if i find out the part # of the socket, I should be able to reattach and be good to go, i think?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, and re: the Sat Radio. You are correct, the old ones were Sat Ready and I had to buy a Sirius SCC1 and a little gateway router of some sort. As it turns out, there is a plug coming off of that system that will fit an unused plug on the back of the new radio, so fingers crossed there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts