Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidently pulled it out I guess when messing with some wires for lights. All I heard was the radio went off, and then there was a plastic rectangle with the wires in it hanging there.

Does anybody know where the part it plugs into is? I looked around for a couple minutes but couldn't find it..

I just thought, would it plug into the back of the radio?..I don't think I pulled that hard or in that direction to pull it out the back of the radio though.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Any way to take and post some pics ???

Also did the radio power back on ?? if not, did you check the fuses?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. That was my next question. My friend and I took off the piece in between the seats and the plastic connected to them. We also took off the radio plastic and took it out. The connector on the radio is male and so is the "mystery" cable. The wierd thing is, the mystery cable isn't long enough to reach anything without cables already.

So we started to think it could have been fuses. I looked up where the fuses were in my repair manual but all it said was under the hood behind where the stock intake would be. We pulled out all the little rectangular ones but they were all ok. There were 3 bigger square shaped ones, but we couldn't get those out. I figured if nothing else, it was one of those. Are the clock AND radio both on the same fuse?

I just got all my neons hooked up and have no music for them to blink to :cry: :roll:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Then you didn't check them all.
Look at the fuses under the dashboard, the left row, the second one from the top, I'll bet you that one is gone.
The clock and the radio are on that same fuse.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
pancake said:
Well what do you know! The fuse was blown, it was a number 15. Luckily there was a spare one in the fuse box under the hood. Thank you! It was so boring driving around without the radio.
Glad to hear you got it working again... :thumbs_up:

When you have a turbo car though, sometimes driving without the radio is fun... the sound of the intake and turbo spooling is music to your ears... :wink:

·
Registered
278 Posts
You're welcome,
Good to hear that your problem is solved
When you pull the cover of the fusebox under the dashboard and take a look at the inside of the cover, does it say in English what fuses are for what function?
If it does can you post it here for me because on my cover everything is written in Japanese :( .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts