Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I encountered an unusual problem yesterday...I have a 2016 Hybrid Limited. Yesterday afternoon, the radio started cutting in and out every few seconds. Happened on both am and fm, but not xm. I tried pausing it to see if it was recording like that, and it was. It would play for a few seconds and then cut out for a second or two and back and forth. After getting to my destination, I was out of the car for an hour, and when I returned, all was back to normal. This morning all was normal as well, but it was such a strange issue that I wanted to see if anyone else has encountered it. If it happens again, any suggestions on something to do other than just turn the car off an wait an hour?

Thx.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've had my whole head unit replaced under warranty already - BT was having sound issues with my phone.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hi,

I encountered an unusual problem yesterday...I have a 2016 Hybrid Limited. Yesterday afternoon, the radio started cutting in and out every few seconds. Happened on both am and fm, but not xm. I tried pausing it to see if it was recording like that, and it was. It would play for a few seconds and then cut out for a second or two and back and forth. After getting to my destination, I was out of the car for an hour, and when I returned, all was back to normal. This morning all was normal as well, but it was such a strange issue that I wanted to see if anyone else has encountered it. If it happens again, any suggestions on something to do other than just turn the car off an wait an hour?

Thx.
Did you have navgitation running?
Were you listening to AM/FM/XM?
Did you have your smartphone connected?
My whole infotainment system lags when I have my smartphone connected and using navigation.
I've had issues with XM cutting in/out but not FM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same issue happen last week but has not happened since. I thought it might have had something to do with it trying to pair with my phone but I even turned off bluetooth on phone and it didnt stop the radio from cutting out. also tried turning the radio on and off. It acted like the antenna was being disconnected, i could see that it was still locked on the FM station but I could see the HD icon disappear and the sound go away, and then it would come back on. i have the 2016 SE with JBL.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 rav 4 xle same issue. It literally cuts in and out at the same precise interval(only had it happen in fm mode thus far).....anyone find a fix or cause for this yet?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I wonder if entune will be overhauling their software/QA team.
Many people are reporting user interface issues with the entune infotainment system.
When I run nav the whole system slows and freezes the screen a lot.
When this happens touch is unresponsive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts