Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this has already been covered, but wanted to see if anyone has experienced this issue. Intermittently the LCD display on the radio is malfunctioning, and shows what appears to be a random pattern.

The radio still operates while it is happening, and if you turn the radio on and off the issue takes care of itself, but reappears.

Not sure if it will be happening when we take it in, so wanted to see if anyone can describe what may be causing it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a similar problem as the symbols were Japanese alphabet letters. Eventually the radio stopped working and the dealer replaced it under warranty. Mine Rav was a 2011 Sport, radio has been fine .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a similar problem as the symbols were Japanese alphabet letters. Eventually the radio stopped working and the dealer replaced it under warranty. Mine Rav was a 2011 Sport, radio has been fine .
Same year, same model. I'll take it in and have them replace it. Thanks Boss!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
This problem was well known and a TSB was issued to assist the technicians in the repair process. LINK.

I had my radio replaced for this problem during the warranty period, and I never experienced it again. The problem was more frequent during hot weather.

Unfortunately your RAV will not be covered under the 36 month warranty period. Since the problem only occurs occasionally you may decide to live with it, rather than purchase a new radio and pay the labor to have it installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts