Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I swapped the Audio Head Unit on a RAV4 2014 XLE Canada Gracenote 100326 for a Gracenote 100319 w/nav. By doing it I lost the steering wheel vol+ and vol- functionality and the Usb port is not working either so I can't connect anything. Only via Bluetooth. My head unit crashes and I think it needs updates but without the usb port I haven't been able to do it. If some one has run into this problem and could share their experiences or have any recommendations I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot everyone.

Original hu 13tddana-ca01 86140-0r100

New hu 13tdanna-ca03 86100-0r060:crying

·
Registered
644 Posts
Do you have NAV.
Check the content of your SD card. You may see the updated files on your SD card.
Try to upload a new firmware to SD and then reboot your radio by long press VOL .
You may need to to manually go to Settings\Update.

Can you post a screenshot of your firmware screen?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No luck here. USB port has no power. I did noticed that when I disconnect the port in the dash, the screen changes the apps position. I burned a dvd and saved the .kwi files on it, but the unit refuses to read that dvd. I also have those files on my android phone which is paired to the head unit but no files are read. Also tried the files in a sd card, no results either. This car just refuses to get the updates.:mad::mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Usb port

USB icon does work on old radio, doesn't read updates files though, only music.
I made a special usb cable feeding the 5 volts to the new connector and it dos work on new radio. Reads music files only. I formatted a 32G FAT 32 Stick and transferred the recommended files and they are not detected. I got Pandora working, Iheart Radio and Slacker Radio working but head unit is not prompted for over the air updates either with the phone connected via Bluetooth and Entune running on android phone.

·
Registered
644 Posts
You cannot install just any update. If the radio does not prompt the update, the files are not for this unit or newer update has already installed.
I had only once a minor OTA update.
And once you update, you cannot downgrade it. Or at least I do not know how.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New update was recognized right away and installed smoothly. Now I have to wait and see if any of the many issues are fixed (rebooting randomly), etc. I believe that the volume is improved. Steering wheel volume control still not working, it has to be another issue. Gps still not working, I have to check the antenna I installed or install a different brand. I'm ok with the makeshift USB cable made by me. Also I have to buy a new maps card., the existing one is dated 2013 . Meanwhile I thank you NikolaiAk for the updates and for the effort and dedication to try to solve my problem. Thanks a lot.:smile:smile:smile:smile

·
Registered
334 Posts
I installed aftermarket android head unit. When I purchased HU, I was asked if my RAV4 had navigation. If the vehicle had navigation, I couldn't install the aftermarket HU with GPS. In your case, your RAV4 don't have navigation. You replace it with more advanced Entune. The navigation on new Entune HU might not work. This is my guess.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts