Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very confused here, can someone help me. I have two cars.

1) Rav4 with an e7019 radio and the OEM map disc (works great).
2) Mr2 with an b9010 radio No disc came with it, and it was from the UK.

So I took the disc out of the rav4 and tried it in the mr2 and it said unable to read data. I then bought a disc for the b9010(America u84 ) and tried it. I get that same error. Indecently the the b9010 came with the UK discs and they do read. So I then tried to put the new disc I just bought for the mr2 in to the rav4 and it said checking dvd and froze. I powered down the unit and now it freezes on the warning screen. Since there is no manual eject button I can not get it out?

So I'm looking for two answers here?

1) How can I get the dvd disc out?
2) Why won't my b9010 work with US discs? Is it region locked?

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
If you are using DVDs the European spec is PAL (Region 2) while the North American spec is for NTSC (Region 1). Ordinarily NTSC coded discs won't work in PAL machines and visa-versa. On the other hand, CDs are universal.

The CD player in my RAV with Enhanced Value Package (upgraded CD player is part of the upgrade) won't read DVDs at all. But it does eject them.

Some owners who have reported having discs stuck in their machines have had to remove the unit from the dash and disassemble it to retrieve the disc.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that region stuff was for movie discs? From what I know about regional settings, every devices allows you to change it x number of times (normally 2 or 3). Anyone know if that is possible here?

huh, just occurred to me, I know how to to get in to the system menu on both, I wonder if I can eject discs or change regions in there? I think the system menu can be entered with out the unit fully booted. I'll have to try that later tonight.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok issue 1 down. Apparently the disc is dirty and just locks up the system. If I leave it sit for a while (3 minutes) the menus come up. Then if I play with the map it freezes again.

I was able to get in to the two hidden menus but no region options. On the US unit the dvd player info says "code 01" and there is a code clear button. When the Mr2 gets back home, ill see what code it has.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts