Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I just got 2016 Toyota Rav4 XLE. I want to play music from USB. Car reads Fat32 formatted drive, and mp3 file type.

However, after shutting car down, it resumes playing track, but displays 1/1. When track finishes playing, it just starts over. I need to go back to track list, press "Songs", and shuffle all.

Random song selection is on, replay is off.

It's kind of annoying, and if there's workaround it would be great.

Also, any recommendations for upgrading headlights? They are kind of dim compared to my other car. I was thinking about getting led set (9012) from Vleds.com.

Additionally I will probably wire fog lights to ignition switch or something, to make them act as DRL. We will see...

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,096 Posts
Hi.

I just got 2016 Toyota Rav4 XLE. I want to play music from USB. Car reads Fat32 formatted drive, and mp3 file type.

However, after shutting car down, it resumes playing track, but displays 1/1. When track finishes playing, it just starts over. I need to go back to track list, press "Songs", and shuffle all.
Its pretty lame. But it has to fully index all files before it can resume - even random playback. It does remember the first index and only has to update that when the system starts. If you make any changes to the drive it has to start over. A full 1st index can take 15-20 min if you have 5000+ files on a drive. After that maybe 3 min.

Wait till it has fully indexed, (shows file numbers).
Now hit browse and open the "songs" tab. The 1st thing on the list of files should be a "random" selection. Hit that and you will be in random song mode. It should remember that until the next time you make changes to the drive. Next time you start it it may play the first song on the drive until it finishes its index, but then should go back to random.

Of course this all depends on you having proper tags in all files.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will give it a try.

Right now I have 270 songs, all have artist, album, year, title tags. Stick was left in the car for one day now, and it did same thing at 3 starts.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Seems awfully complicated. If there is an aux. stereo mini jack output on any playback device and an aux. input jack in the car all one has to do is to plug in both with a cable and one can play music and songs in sequence by album, or by using the Play all Music selection on the playback device all music on the device will be played in turn. My RAV also can play back using Bluetooth. My wife simply plugs in her smart phone containing recorded music and that's all there is to it. Our OEM car players both recognize MP3.

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,096 Posts
I will give it a try.

Right now I have 270 songs, all have artist, album, year, title tags. Stick was left in the car for one day now, and it did same thing at 3 starts.
270 files shouldn't take but a minute to index, if that.
You can always use bluetooth to stream audio from a phone, aux input for an MP3 player, etc. I have about 7000 files on a drive and use it for trips, its great and sounds nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts