Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read up on the Scion radio swap, I saw one Ebay that had a JACK at the top on the face, just wondering if that was a new radio that didn't need that cable run form the back of the unit. My daughter has a Iphnone 5c, so I was wondering if that radio would do the job. I like the idea of having a factory brand unit in there I just not up on all this IPhone, Ipod stuff. I have a 05 Rav. Thanks Vince Oh hats off to who ever figured that swap out years ago.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Slight update, went on ahead an ordered a radio off Ebay with the Aux jack in the front face plate got the T1808, it was like 109.00 shipped . Did a lot of reading on here about the swap ect, lots of good information about it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well got the radio today and got it installed . I thought I was ordering a 1808 but got a 1806 which it still has the front aux jack for the I phone. Daughter came out and tried it out and it worked great. The sound I think was better on the I phone than the radio. I was able to watch youtube video and changed the message that come up when you turn the key on so that was pretty cool. Easy plug& play. There may be some more things it will do but I will have to find a manual to see what else is available. So far pleased with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After some exploring on the radio I found some features on it by reading some other sites. I think I really got it dialed in on the sound. I still may down load an manual for it to see if Im missing anything.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
After some exploring on the radio I found some features on it by reading some other sites. I think I really got it dialed in on the sound. I still may down load an manual for it to see if Im missing anything.
We would love to see some pictures of how it looks installed!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm planning on doing this swap in my fiancé's 05 2WD RAV4 (just rebuild the top end after the dreaded overheat/head bolt issue..but now she's looking at my stereo install with doe eyes lol).

I would love to see some pictures of how the head unit worked out for you, if you have the chance :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm planning on doing this swap in my fiancé's 05 2WD RAV4 (just rebuild the top end after the dreaded overheat/head bolt issue..but now she's looking at my stereo install with doe eyes lol).

I would love to see some pictures of how the head unit worked out for you, if you have the chance :D

Thanks!
Ill see if I can get on in today, look on ebay thats where I got mine from the jack is on the front of the radio (added) I think it was 109.00 shipped . On this model you can change the colors in the screen or have it rotate the colors pretty neat. Changeing that message is a pain I had to watch the u tube video over and over. Im getting old ha ha.

·
Registered
5 Posts
T1808 Scion Radio in 05 Rav4

I know this thread is a couple of years old, but no one posted a picture of what it looks like installed so I figured I'd do it for anyone else who happens upon this thread. I ordered mine on eBay from the seller 1factoryradio. I didn't like the look of the aux jack just hanging out high up on the radio head, so I requested a 3ft cord coming out of the back instead. I then installed the aux jack in one of the center console blanks. It looks less cluttered in my opinion.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts