Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 base Rav4, with what I believe is the base radio. It has steering wheel buttons, a USB port and AUX-in by the e-brake, and does blutooth. All that is wonderful and works well, but it's pretty ugly if you ask me.

What upgrade options do I have that still look fairly stock, and that may include DVD (possible 2nd screen in the rear for my son), and a backup camera? There seem to be some options on Amazon, but I've not heard of any of the companies making them and they don't seem to be too popular.

Thanks for any assistance you might be able to lend.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
search this site and google...there are a hundred choices easily...all depends on your budget and skill...happy hunting...

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,832 Posts
Go to the Crutchfield web site and enter your vehicle information. It will let you narrow down all the choices to the type of head unit you want, and what features. You will see the compatible units as well as any wiring harnesses and adapters needed to make the steering wheel controls and USB work.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most that I've seen seem to have the "after market" look - meaning made by Pioneer or some other company. I'm hoping to find one that looks "stock", if that's easy and not too expensive.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Most that I've seen seem to have the "after market" look - meaning made by Pioneer or some other company. I'm hoping to find one that looks "stock", if that's easy and not too expensive.
Not a single one of these Chinese stereos have I read to be trouble free or even close to it...most if not all have little to no manufacturer support...some even spell words incorrectly on the face of the unit...some have had good luck for sure but no way would I trust them...my stereo my not look factory, but neither does my rav...and that's the way I like it...I have always bought good name brand stereos and have never been let down...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts