Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I've searched the depths of the Internet and can't find the definitive color, location, etc for what wires to tap for a subwoofer addition I'm a 2015 rav4 keeping the factory stereo. I will be using a line converter but would like it at the back of the stereo head unit.

Could anyone describe to me which cables to use at the back of the head unit for speaker l/r +/-, and if and what the remote wire could use at the back of the unit to control the subwoofer power on and off???

I will try to post pictures also to maybe make this a lot easier with visuals...

Thanks in advance!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hey all,

I've searched the depths of the Internet and can't find the definitive color, location, etc for what wires to tap for a subwoofer addition I'm a 2015 rav4 keeping the factory stereo. I will be using a line converter but would like it at the back of the stereo head unit.

Could anyone describe to me which cables to use at the back of the head unit for speaker l/r +/-, and if and what the remote wire could use at the back of the unit to control the subwoofer power on and off???

I will try to post pictures also to maybe make this a lot easier with visuals...

Thanks in advance!! :)
There's a thread here http://www.rav4world.com/forums/124-4-4-interior/237826-looking-radio-24-pin-connector-pinout.html
that has a few diagrams already.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen that diagram before and unfortunately the colors are not the same... I'm looking for a 2015 specific diagram. I wonder if the position is the same? I don't want to start cutting without really knowing...

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've seen that diagram before and unfortunately the colors are not the same... I'm looking for a 2015 specific diagram. I wonder if the position is the same? I don't want to start cutting without really knowing...
Why cut wires?
Most people here doing wiring use t-taps or other splicing tools.
I use skotch loks.
Gardner Bender Tap Splice Assortment - 22-10 AWG - Terminal and Connector Kits and Assortments - (10 per clam)-15-2210 - The Home Depot
https://www.amazon.com/ScotchlokTM-...UTF8&qid=1479502504&sr=8-2&keywords=scotchlok

I've used the home depot ones for a few projects.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts