Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadians get rain sensing wipers, but they aren't available on the American models. Seems to be a crazy decision. It rains here too! :)

Is it possible to add this? Maybe get a part from a Canadian dealer? Or a third party?

This is a basic safety feature that's been around forever and it's not an option here on a 30-36k vehicle with advanced safety features!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Canadians get rain sensing wipers, but they aren't available on the American models. Seems to be a crazy decision. It rains here too! :)

Is it possible to add this? Maybe get a part from a Canadian dealer? Or a third party?

This is a basic safety feature that's been around forever and it's not an option here on a 30-36k vehicle with advanced safety features!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know, I just spent 30k on my 2016 RAV4 xle the other day but was checking out videos and noticed that Canadians get heated seats & rain sensing wipers, etc standard (must be due to their climate).

·
Registered
218 Posts
And finally I have a car with a heated steering wheel!

I know, I just spent 30k on my 2016 RAV4 xle the other day but was checking out videos and noticed that Canadians get heated seats & rain sensing wipers, etc standard (must be due to their climate).

·
Registered
218 Posts
When you live in a cold climate, it sure makes the initial drive more comfortable. Only takes a few minutes to start feeling the heat - heats up from about 8-10 o'clock & 2-4 on the other side. And after about 5 minutes that's enough and I switch it off.

What first world luxury!! lol What does that even feel like? I can't imagine...

·
Registered
36 Posts
When you live in a cold climate, it sure makes the initial drive more comfortable. Only takes a few minutes to start feeling the heat - heats up from about 8-10 o'clock & 2-4 on the other side. And after about 5 minutes that's enough and I switch it off.
Sounds amazing!! :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
The different features in various markets gets quite interesting. For example, as you noted, the Canadian market gets heated stirring wheel and rain sensing wipers but loses the tire pressure monitoring system. TSS is not standard on the Limited in Canada. European Rav4 hybrids get power-folding mirrors, optional FWD instead of AWD, available real leather seats and more color choices but lose the standard moon-roof. The hybrid "premium" is significantly higher in most markets than in the US as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
another extra on SE in Canada....

I just noticed that I even have heated windshield wipers!! Along with heated steering wheel and rain sensor wipers. Interesting differences, eh?0:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could somebody with the rain sensing wipers share a VIN, please?
Or at least a model code. It would be something like "AVA44L-ANXGBA ".

I'm studying electric schemes and wiring to install this feature on the US version, but can't figure out OEM part numbers without that information.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts