Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2011 Tundra in for an oil change Saturday. My mechanic said there has been trouble with this product with washer pumps and sensors. Also been using this in my wife's 13 Rav 4 Limited and my daughter's 2015 Rav Limited. Anyone been having problems. I searched the web and Toyota has not been listed as having problems. Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
only use the regular (summer or winter blend) washer fluid. I find that the rain-x 2-in-1 cleaner + repellent spray bottle works well.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
^^^
Good to note there are also some winter fluid blends with methanol that will trash washer systems too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We've had absolute nightmares using the Rain-X in our Dodge Journey where the low fluid light would beep and flash intermittently or just stay on despite the tank being full. It took a full summer and multiple flushes of water, vinegar and plain blue solution to remove the Rain-X residue from the tank. Never again.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've use it in my cars for over over 5 years now without any issues. The only drawback I've noticed is it can build up on the windshield and leaves it looking hazy. Other than that, it works as it should.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts