Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen other than the really expensive ones from JAOS that goes up to the overfenders? The standard ones they fit here do not cover up to the overfenders on both the front and back and I’m expecting the chips and scratches around that area.

Has anyone installed Rally armor mud flaps on your 4.5?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Also interested if anyone installed rally armor mud flaps. The oem/weathertech ones all touch the paint and leave a bunch of dirt in the crevices.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota RAV4 XSE Hybrid (Blizzard Pearl/Midnight Black Metallic)
127 Posts
I have a set of the Rally Armor Motorsport Spec mud flaps that I need to install. I also purchased a set of the OEM mud flaps thinking that they could be a base for the Rally Armor install. After looking at lots of photos and the install guide for a 2013 RAV, I think that I’ll go with a DIY mount with bits and pieces from an auto parts and hardware store.

These things are expensive, so I want to get it right the first time. I picked up some plastic storage container lids to cut up for mock-ups. Might use cardboard too for test fitting.

StreetRays has a universal hardware kit that provided some inspiration:
This guy was creative...

This is a little more useful for hardware ideas...

Hope this gives you some ideas!

Reactions: Lindenwood

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a set of RokBlokz that I'm going to put on once it's safe to go outside. They have them for non-Adventure, just have to include a note in the order about which model you have.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
So am I missing something here, what makes these mud flaps worth $110 where you can get the OEM's on BAM for, at the most, $65? Are they bigger for larger tires?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would be interested to see how the RB ones fit. I ended up getting cheap no-name universal ones which does sound like I need to trim (rear) them to fit because of the awkward shape where the bumper meets the inner guard. Front ones seem to be easy.

My car comes with them standard and are different to the US accessory but why I’m putting them on is when you do go off-road, it covers the painted area of bumper, the gap between the over fender to mud flaps plus the US ones don’t even line up with the over fender on a non Adventure version.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a set of RokBlokz that I'm going to put on once it's safe to go outside. They have them for non-Adventure, just have to include a note in the order about which model you have.
This is helpful. I’ve reached out to see if they will sell the hardware kit separately.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Let us know how hard the install is. I think I saw you had to remove the inner lining to install!

·
Registered
2020 XSE with Tech Package
30 Posts
I just Installed the XL Rokblokz on my 2020 XSEh. The XL ones are an inch bigger in width and length than the regular ones which should work well when I lift it and put on wider tires. They are substantially larger than stock.

·
Registered
2020 XSE with Tech Package
30 Posts

there are 3 screws, the 2 black ones and a silver one further back. The OEM mud flaps were installed when I bought the RAV so installation was fairly straight forward. It was just a matter of taking the old one off and reusing some of the old hardware to install the new one.

if you don’t have mud flaps you’ll need to drill 2 small holes for the black screws. There is a plastic connector which needs to be removed where the silver screw is before it can be installed. For one side I took the wheel off to give myself a lot of room. On the other side I left the wheel on. It’s possible to do with the wheel on but took longer since these not a lot of room.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 LE
233 Posts
I have a set of rally armor ones sitting in my garage. just took the oem ones off, this post is making want to use the RA ones on the rav now lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just Installed the XL Rokblokz on my 2020 XSEh. The XL ones are an inch bigger in width and length than the regular ones which should work well when I lift it and put on wider tires. They are substantially larger than stock.

View attachment 157158 View attachment 157159
any chance i can see some pics from the other side with a view of the wheels?? basically if you were standing in front of the car, i was debating on the xl ones but just wanna get a idea on how wide they really are. or even a pic with both flaps in on picture like on the robblok website , appreciate it!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just Installed the XL Rokblokz on my 2020 XSEh.
Would please you post the instructions? I have the hardware, but no instructions and they would help instead of guessing what goes where.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Jimmy. I do have the OE ones so holes aren’t an issue. With the top of the mudflap, is it screwed in? Your photo doesn’t suggest there’s a screw. I’m trying to hack in a cheap universal set for when I know I’m going on gravel roads.

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 XLE Hybrid
27 Posts
yes, it's those ones.
Perfect! I don’t have the OEM mud flaps but maybe the 2020+ or certain trims came with the mounting holes for them 🤷 Do you still have the stock tire size or did you go bigger? The site says the original size is good for stock tires and to go to XL for bigger. I’m debating on which size if I was to buy now because I plan on going either 235s or 245s later. I’m not sure if the XL’s will be too big for my stock tires now or if I get the originals now and will be fine if I only go up to 235s later. Looks is one thing but they need to be functional too. Thx for your help!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts