Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just found out that toyota actually uses the rav4 as a rally car...interesting concept. Apparently they race a stock car (no modification to engine/transmission) but add in the safety features needed (roll cage, fire suppression, etc). I found it interesting that the rav4 held up as well as it does. Watching some of the videos, I think that is what the rav4 was meant to be! I included a link for anyone who is interested in it. I wish my car was ready to take roads like that! I would probably wreck on the first curve though lol

TRD - Rally RAV4

Here is a great video showing it from in the car and how they communicate

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
When living in Europe I watched road rallies on TV. If someone rolled their vehicle or crashed, spectators would help right the car and/or get it on its way again. The RAV in the video had some mods done excluding the engine and gearbox, but with those mods the car wouldn't be very useful as a family vehicle:

MODIFIED
Interior Removal
4130 Roll Cage
Fire Suppression System
Sparco Seats and 5 point harness'
Steering Quickner (1.5 to 1)
Hydraulic Handbrake
TEIN Dampers
Porterfield Brake Pads
15" Method Race Wheels
Polycarbonate Driver/Co-Driver Windows with Sliders
Radio/Intercom
DirtBagz Tool/storage bags
Full Underbody protection
Skid Plate

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting on the spectators helping and the racer being on their way again. And yes some mods have been done and not particularly useful for a family vehicle I agree, but for those looking to go off the beaten path a bit more, the skid plates and underbody protection would be amazing to have. I also realize there isn't much of a market for them to do that, I suppose I could figure something out though...

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
Interesting on the spectators helping and the racer being on their way again. And yes some mods have been done and not particularly useful for a family vehicle I agree, but for those looking to go off the beaten path a bit more, the skid plates and underbody protection would be amazing to have. I also realize there isn't much of a market for them to do that, I suppose I could figure something out though...

Good luck with your proposed mods, and hope that it all works out. Keep us updated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts