Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've had my 2020 RAV4 XSE Hybrid for about a month and a half now and it's been great although recently I noticed a weird issue that is occurring intermittently.

I will turn on the car and go to drive, and I will notice that it will start pulling either left or right, almost like the alignment is off. Sometimes it's to the right and sometimes it's to the left. I can even see the steering wheel ever so slightly off center as in, normally when I let go with the steering wheel centered, it will stay centered, but when I'm having the issue, I can see it ever so slightly turn to the right or left. I've made sure LTA and all the steering assist functions have been turned off in the menus.

I will turn the car off at a stop sign and turn it back on and then it'll be fine. And then it may not happen for another day or two. I know it's not the road just being uneven because I've driven the same routes where I'm having the issue and also when it's fine. Any one have any ideas?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds like you have the
Lane Departure Alert with
Steering Assist
turned on, but you say you have it turned off. Do not know what else to say. You can have it on and change the sensitivity of it. that is what I did, it seems to help. If that doesn't work you'll have to take it in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So like I said in my first post, I have all the Steering Assist and Lane Trace Assist and Lane Departure stuff turned off. It was the first thing I checked.

·
Registered
58 Posts
On the reasonable assumption that you have observed and reported accurately there should be no behaviour that is changed by switching off and on again so its definitely a dealer issue. I have noticed that the level of steering assistance does vary with speed and can feel slightly vague as it weights up at higher speeds but your problem does not seem to be speed related.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Are you possibly inadvertently hitting the lane trace assist button on the steering wheel when turning or something? Next time it happens look at your cluster display and see if the icon is on. If there is no icon on I would unfortunately say it's time to go to the dealer...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am 100% sure the lane trace assist function is off.

Drove the car a few times today and had no issues. I guess I'll keep an eye on it and the next time I'm at the dealer, I will mention it if it's still an issue then

1 - 6 of 6 Posts