Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting started with my build. Took me a while to track down a full set (5) of these rims, but they finally came in!! Just a quick picture off the test fit, and stock setup comparison. The wheels are 18x8.5 atx ravine in Matt grey. 5x114.3 bolt pattern and a 35mm offset. Not sure what size tire I can fit after lifting, but I’m hoping a 265/60 r18 will fit. However, the stock tires have plenty of tread left, so I’m going to make them go bald before I buy 5 new tires.

The stock rim looks bigger than the 18 with the tire on, but not for long!

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big news!!!! I contacted Ready lift and they agreed to send me a free lift kit to test fit / modify for the 2006-2012 RAV4s. Very excited, updates to follow

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had one issue with an end link, but got it fixed. Stay tuned for the lift kit installation instructions. All the components work, but some thinking need to go on differently.
https://youtu.be/1XRHD5JR0X4

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Just getting started with my build. Took me a while to track down a full set (5) of these rims, but they finally came in!! Just a quick picture off the test fit, and stock setup comparison. The wheels are 18x8.5 atx ravine in Matt grey. 5x114.3 bolt pattern and a 35mm offset. Not sure what size tire I can fit after lifting, but I’m hoping a 265/60 r18 will fit. However, the stock tires have plenty of tread left, so I’m going to make them go bald before I buy 5 new tires.

The stock rim looks bigger than the 18 with the tire on, but not for long!
What are you doing with those stock wheels. Would love to buy them from you. Where are you located?

And BTW what is the bore on those new wheels. Remember that Toyota's are bore centric. If not a perfect match they should ideally be larger, and have bore adapters fitted. I have seen many instances (on Toyota trucks) that have sheared off all of the studs due to incorrect bore sizing.

·
Registered
2011 4 cyl Limited
42 Posts
What kit did they send you? I am looking to do a 2 inch lift on my rav. I had thought Deaver spring was the only option for a true lift as I do not want a spacer solution.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
https://www.readylift.com/2-0-sst-lift-kit-2015-18-toyota-rav4-1.html

That is the kit I have on, everything fits perfectly. It rides really smooth, the sway bar relocation brackets are key to a good ride quality and the rear is a subframe lift, so the ride in the back is unchanged. In theory you could stack this with a spring lift for a taller stance, but it wouldn’t increase max travel and it may ride stiff. To me the Readylift is the best option, but if you don’t realign to their specs it rides rough, that’s why I got adjustable toe arms too.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally!! More pictures tomorrow. Loving The Atturo Trailblade X/T 235 60 r18 mounted on 8.5 inch rims. Everything is perfectly flush with the fenders and no sticking out. Picture is a little misleading because I’m on a hill, and my car is closer, but I have the same ground clearance as the Liberty.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts