Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have problems with the rear cargo cover rattling? It's really apparent when going over bumps or rough pavement. Dealer told me the fix for it is to leave it off!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just fixed this on mine.
Get some craft felt type material - cut to the width of the shelf mounting spigots and long enough to go round spigot with approx half inch over-lap.
Staple the two ends together to make a little tear-drop shaped tube - push this onto spigots (all 4) and re-mount shelf.
Pure silence will follow.
Had previously tried greasing the spigots and thought of using velcro but didn't like the idea of pulling the shelf fabric off - hence this method.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks AMH! It worked great. I had to also put a strip of the felt on the shelf portion where the cargo cover sits on both sides due to some side-to-side creaking sounds.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great to have helped - guess I must have used slightly thicker felt as I didn't need to add extra strips - much nicer driving with it silent though ... :D

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AMH said:
Great to have helped - guess I must have used slightly thicker felt as I didn't need to add extra strips - much nicer driving with it silent though ... :D
Any pics on how to do it will be appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts