Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all-As I see this topic has been previously posted about, Im hoping someone here can help. My friend has the RAV-4 rattling back door syndrom. I think we have located the metal guide on the door shut and the door, but it looks like the said rubber is missing hence the rattle. Problem is, she took it to her local Toyota dealer and they said it shouldnt have any rubber on the metal guide and he refused even to take a look! Any chance someone could post a picture of the rear door guide with the rubber on so that I can show this to the dealer and hopefully get somewhere with fixing the problem? Not sure if you can post pics on here, but any chance someone could email it to: [email protected]

Mant thanks in advance, Jim

·
Registered
682 Posts
Spray some WD-40 on the 2 metal plates (one on the door and one on the door jamb). Most rear door rattling noises come from the metal plates rubbing against each other.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats all very well, and thanks for your reply, but the two metal plates dont even appear to meet or touch. in fact when i close the door and peek in the gap with the door open a bit, there appears to be about quarter to half an inch gap between the guide on the door and the guide on the door jamb..Any futher ideas or photos please?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not as far as Im aware. if it needs re-aligning, how is this done? Is it just a case of adjusting the dorr hasp on the door jamb?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My rear door used to rattle but it turned out to be one of the rubber nubs on the top and bottom of the side that opens of the rear door. Once i replaced it, the problem went away.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I will have a look at the car today and let you know how I get on. Thanks for your advice guys.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Managed to move the door catch on the door jamb in a bit and hey presto-no more rattles. Have to give the door a good hard slam, but hey, its better than rattles...Thanks for all your help/comments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts