Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone managed to fix this seemingly common problem? And how?

This is THE most annoying thing about this model... any road surface other than billiard table smooth and this thing rattles. Touch it with your finger and it stops. Or just tap it to make it rattle. Crap quality.

I have nearly 3000 miles to go to the first service and I guess they will be loathe to change it out (probably for another rattler).

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Seemingly common? It seems like you have the only rattling wiper switch here, I got nothing on it using search, lots of complaints about instrument/dash panel rattles tho, sounds like something you should have your dealer service department address, mine doesn't rattle and neither did my '15 Ltd.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
My RAV4H has been remarkedly rattle free. Your dealer needs to correct this, which shouldn't be an issue. If there is a bright side here, you were able to locate it, and it isn't hidden deep in the dash somewhere.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seemingly common? It seems like you have the only rattling wiper switch here, I got nothing on it using search, lots of complaints about instrument/dash panel rattles tho, sounds like something you should have your dealer service department address, mine doesn't rattle and neither did my '15 Ltd.
If only Vehicle Leasing companies kept their own vehicle history records...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer replaced the top and bottom cowl today and aligned the steering column (rotated it to the right a few degrees). Seemed to know the problem quite well... let's hope that sorts it.

The lower cowl "clips" in to a small plastic bracket, or rather floats around in one. They added a rubber sleeve to stop the whole cowl assembly from floating.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Anyone managed to fix this seemingly common problem? And how?

I have nearly 3000 miles to go to the first service and I guess they will be loathe to change it out (probably for another rattler).

Well, you seem to be the first and only one to report this issue--and this forum is not shy about revealing their problems! Sounds like a minor flaw, something you could have returned to the dealer on day one to fix. Maybe your car was built on a Friday afternoon and they forgot the sleeve you mentioned. Good issue to add to the data base if anyone else gets it.

Doesn't sound like they were very 'loathe' to fix it for ya, though. Thanks for reporting your solution.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, you seem to be the first and only one to report this issue--and this forum is not shy about revealing their problems! Sounds like a minor flaw, something you could have returned to the dealer on day one to fix. Maybe your car was built on a Friday afternoon and they forgot the sleeve you mentioned. Good issue to add to the data base if anyone else gets it.

Doesn't sound like they were very 'loathe' to fix it for ya, though. Thanks for reporting your solution.
Mentioned to them a while back, called them yesterday moaning and "the parts" were in if I wanted to come in. 15 minute job.

Don't know if it's fixed it yet though...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Long airport run - fixed!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts