Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine has exploded his engine. Don't ask, I can't even begin to tell you how he did it.

While having to replace his engine, is it possible to swap it with something a little different? Since its a stock 2.0 4x4 will another engine from Toyota's line-up fit and provide a little more Power/Tourque? If so What would be the perfect donor car to use? This Rav will stay with him for a long time and cost is not a huge concern, but throwing it in the trash and having to buy something else is.

Let me know your views. He wants to find a donor soon. Thanks. M.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The 2.4L I4 engine that comes standard in the 2004-2005 RAV4s should drop in as it's physically the same size as the 2.0L I4 engine that came standard in the 2001-2003 RAV4s. Not sure if both the 2.4L and 2.0L engines used the same tranny. YOu'll have to research some more.

R

·
0 Posts
Marcutio said:
A good friend of mine has exploded his engine. Don't ask, I can't even begin to tell you how he did it.
M.
OK....... now wait....... U r on a board full of RAV4 enthusiasts and expect to tell us that a 01's engine exploded and ask us to not ask any questions??
Hello ??

PLEASE....... PLEEAASSSEEEE........... I beg you...... PLEASE....... I am dying to know what in the world he did or one could do to to an 01's engine for it to explode. How many miles?
Poor thing. (the car I mean)

I did not expect to hear such stories for a long time but only in 4 years? May be 4 years is a long time.

R

·
0 Posts
Marcutio said:
Classified information. Sorry. :lol:

I know what happened. U sabotaged his car because you were jealous of this RAV. Right?
I will email him this weekend and let him know...... :lol:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanted to bump his Rav off so I could have all the fun! :D

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its Irish and not really the right color for "The Republic of Newfoundland" but it will have to do. It should be Green, White and Pink. In that order. Its where I'm from but since it hasn't been its own country for 56 years I didn't expect to find the flag here.

The engine exploded due to his stupidity and sort of an experiment gone drasticaly wrong.

J

·
0 Posts
nouse4aname said:
Mis-shift and overrev?
it has a rev limiter. um, at least thats what a friend of mine, ah, told me. *cough* 200 into the redline, it starts clipping the ignition. that same, uh, friend told me this happens at over 100MPH in 3rd with the AT.

JON

·
Registered
206 Posts
lol 3 years later... but does anyone know if the 2.4 and 2.0 engines can be used with the same automatic trans? Sorry if this has already been asked.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hansie,
Do you have an auto trans b/c i heard that you did this swap some time ago right?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts