Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello rav4world

Just to share on my lift, i wanted of course to lift it 30 to 40mm and just a touch harder spring rates up front, quite a bit harder spring rates in the rear....but still comfort and at descent cost.

I used KYB front springs for the Diesel version, they are 30mm longer than the gas version and slightly bigger spring wire, just a touch. These were very cheap less then 40 Euro a piece.
For the rear not much choice, i used OME, they are just what i wanted to take the load when going on trip. These were 200Euro a pair.

Everything mated to KYB excel G shocks, superbe ride, optimum compromize ride height between of and on road. very comfortable yet very fast and stable on bad tracks.
The AT combined with the TCS are a dream offroad, just need to consider an additional AT cooler.

Combined with an aluminum sump protection plate and 215 70r16 cooper weather master (great tires) this is the begining of a nice little offroader for soft trails...got an LC80 for the harder ones:wink

Now the bad thing, i have just been reading about 1az fe to 2 az fe swaps...this is very tempting, thought, mine is an AT not sure if things would go as well as for the MT"s.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice lift! I did not know that the diesel spring`s was longer. Does the stock diesel springs for the rear also give 30mm lift? ( I use IronMann 30mm lift springs now, but these are old and rusty, so are looking fore something new, so this is great news :) )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello.

No only the front springs are different between gas and diesel rav4. Also a difference between 3 and 5 doors, but for a 5 doors there are no factory alternative springs that will give a lift, you need to og OME, Ironman or dobinson.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts