Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all just bought my first rav after owning a vivaro van , after driving for one day im feeling a bit worried its not performing well , when I drive its smoothish to get to 4 k revs then it kicks in a little to 5k then I change its still boosting when changing gears then take my foot off alittle then have to wait again for the turbo to boost
I had this as well as many other problems with my vivaro , my question is is it really supposed to be this slow it is the 114 bhp model was thinking of having it remapped as Idid with my vivaro that flew ? or am I asking too much from the little engine ? I am mechanically sound and was thinking it could be a sticky egr valve ? boost solenoid switch maybe , its got 112000 miles on the clock serviced regulary .just cleaned the maf sensors off ill take it for a blast down the motorway tomorrow

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
17,336 Posts
Most of us here are from N. America, where Toyota refuses to sell us a diesel engine. I suggest logging into our sister site in the UK here: RAV4DriversClub.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.