Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have RAV4 Diesel 2014 GXL AWD from new it has done 35K. I always had an issue with the oil consumption but I put it down to the engine being new.
Now the car has done 35K and the oil light come on after 7k .
I contacted Toyota and they assured me that this is normal and asked me to start replacing the oil every 7K.
Is this normal ?

·
Registered
8,596 Posts
You did not complete your profile so we have no idea where you are located. This forum is largely North America based but there are members in Europe and other regions. Diesel RAVs are not sold in North America so most forum members don't have any experience with them. However, the oil consumption which you are experiencing seems quite high and ordinarily in any vehicle in good condition and with your mileage (kilometerage?) that much oil being consumed would indicate that there is a problem.

·
Super Moderator
11,143 Posts
How often did you replace the oil prior to the 7K recommendation? Also is that 7,000 miles or 7,000 kilometers? If it is kilometers that seems to be a very short interval. I've never even seen a RAV4 diesel...........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi

Its 7K KM , I didn't pay attention in the past I just topped it with oil until the next service.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Could that be a normal diesel engine trait (I am not diesel savvy so bear with me here)?

·
Registered
36 Posts
no this is not normal for the rav's
these vehicles should come in for the 15.000km services with the oil level a little bit above middle on the dipstick.

id recommand getting the vehicle checked.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
no this is not normal for the rav's
these vehicles should come in for the 15.000km services with the oil level a little bit above middle on the dipstick.

id recommand getting the vehicle checked.
I appreciate the feedback. :wink

1 - 8 of 8 Posts